This summer we attended a glass blowing workshop and made glass vessels. Trying out a new craft using brand new skills was really hard! The molten glass was so pliable, and so likely to ooze the wrong way. Our teachers made the motions of rolling and opening vessels so easy. Those same motions were clunky in our hands and emphasized that learning a new skill or craft takes time and practice.
If you are working to change your sleep habits, or sleep environment, allow yourself to have the same mentality. It make take time and practice to get used to a sobakawa buckwheat hull pillow, especially if you have never used one before.
Here are some tips for trying a sobakawa buckwheat pillow out for the first time:
- Pick a time when you don’t need to sleep. Try using your buckwheat pillow out before bedtime, so there isn’t any stress that you need to fall asleep.
- Check out our tips for sleeping on your side, and sleeping on your back.
- Think about how your body your body feels. Are there pressure points? What can you do to relieve them?
- Try adding or removing buckwheat hulls to make your pillow fit your unique body.
- Give yourself time to get used to your new pillow. A few nights may be enough time for some folks, or it may take a week or so for others to adjust.
Here's what some of our customer's have shared about getting used to using a buckwheat pillow:
The first two nights I used as is before deciding to take some hulls out. Then I think I took too many out. After a night or two I added some back in and it feels good now. It does take getting used to as far as learning to adjust a little bit during the night. The sound doesn't bother me at all. ~ Kate M
Thanks to this pillow I am now sleeping much better and more comfortably at night. After the first two or three nights I was used to the feel of the pillow. If you need to reshape it, just shake it up a little bit or flip it over and the husks will redistribute themselves. ~ Matt
It took a little while to get used to sleeping on buckwheat hulls, but once I did, I'm hooked. I love that it can conform to whatever shape I need for a good night's sleep. ~Diana H