A buckwheat pillow can last for many years. We've had customers share that they are replacing a buckwheat pillow they've been using for over a decade! Taking care of your pillow will help keep it fresh and clean, so it will last for many years.
- Protect your pillow from the wear of daily use with a pillowcase.
- Spot wash your pillow with a damp cloth. Let the pillow dry out in a sunny spot.
- Keep your pillow dry and well aired. Moisture leads to buckwheat hull degradation.
- Rejuvenate your pillow by adding new buckwheat hulls.
- To store buckwheat pillows, place in a clean pillowcase and keep in a dry well ventilated area.
Whole buckwheat pillows cannot be put into the washing machine.
Soaking buckwheat hulls with water will ruin them, so buckwheat pillows should not be put directly into the washing machine. However, you can empty all the buckwheat hulls from your pillow. The cotton pillow cover can be washed and buckwheat hulls can be set in the sun to dry. For more details check out our blog post on How to clean a buckwheat pillow.